Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video The 3ds Max project structure, part of Mastering UVW Mapping in 3ds Max.
- We have set up the same files for this course using a…3ds Max project folder in order to allow for quick and easy…access of the available SEAM files and required assets, as…found of course in the downloadable exercise files folder.…To ensure that you are set up and able to take advantage of…3ds Max's powerful built in file management system, we are…going to quickly walk you through the process of correctly…setting up the 3ds Max project folder for this course.…
The first step we want to take is to perform a quick check…of 3ds Max's preference settings.…To do this we will need to click on the customize menu,…found at the top of the 3ds Max user interface and from the…drop down list that appears choose the preferences option.…Once the preference setting's dialog opens we can come…into the files tab and put a check in the "convert…local file paths to relative" option.…Assuming of course that we don't already have one in there.…
This ensures that any files we may want to add to our…project from this point forward will be given relative…
- What are UVW coordinates?
- Understanding UVW space
- Autogenerating coordinates
- Using map channels
- Working with the World XYZ and Object XYZ systems
- Peel and pelt mapping
- Reshaping UV elements
- Relaxing UVs
- Rendering out a UV template
Skill Level Intermediate
Textures and Materials in 3ds Maxwith Steve Nelle7h 44m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. UVW Mapping Basics
2. Digging a little deeper
3. Unwrap UVW Modifier Controls
4. The Edit UVW Interface
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.