Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video The 3ds Max project structure, part of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Training.
- The scene files for this course have been set up using 3ds Max's built-in project management tools, meaning I've made use of a very specific project folder that will give us quick, easy, and trouble-free access to the provided scene files for the course, from inside the 3ds Max application itself. To ensure that you are set up to take advantage of this powerful file management system, we're going to quickly walk through setting up, and then making use of, the exercise files project folder for this course. The first thing we'll do though, is perform a quick check on 3ds Max's preference settings.
To do that, we can open up the "Customize" menu, and from the drop-down list that appears, choose the "Preferences" option. Once the "Preferences" dialog opens, we want to jump into the "Files" tab, and inside there, make sure that we have a check in the "Convert file paths to Relative" option.
This will ensure that any files
- Using the new UI elements, Quick Settings, and revamped Frame Buffer
- Understanding color mapping modes
- Adding V-Ray light types
- Working with the V-Ray Sun and Sky systems and dome light
- Using irradiance mapping and light cache
- Working with diffuse color maps
- Making reflective materials
- Creating a translucency effect
- Using the new SSS and skin shaders
- Ensuring quality with image sampling
- Working with the adaptive subdivision engine
- Controlling the physical camera
- Working with FX tools such as VRayFur and VRayMetaball
- Stereoscopic 3D rendering
- Using Render Mask
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Introduction and Important Information
1. Getting Ready to Render with V-Ray
2. Key Lighting Tools
3. Global Illumination
4. V-Ray Materials and Maps
5. Quality Control with Image Sampling
6. Working with Cameras
The V-Ray Physical Camera
V-Ray 3 & the 3ds Max Physical Camera
7. The V-Ray FX Tools
What's next?1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.