First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Zaheer] Hi, my name is Zaheer Muktar and I'm a 3D artist with focus on creating stylized art for games and animated films. In this course I'm going to take you through complete process of creating stylized art. The techniques I discuss here can be used for both games and animated films. We will start by understanding some of the important elements required for creating stylized art, following of a reference image. In chapter one we will block out the basic forms of our structure using standard primitives inside 3DS Max.
In chapter two we will start adding details to our basic structure. Then in chapter three we will finish the model with all possible details, including adding stylized grass, plants, and flowers. Finally, in chapter four, we will look into various methods of creating stylized textures, adding lights to the scene, setting up V-Ray renderer and taking different render passes from V-Ray. We will finish this course with compositing all the render passes inside PhotoShop and producing an eye-catching result as a final image.
I'm really excited to take you through this course, so let's get started.
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.