AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Aaron F. Ross. Welcome to this introduction to 3ds Max 2019. 3ds Max is Autodesk's killer app for design visualization. But it also excels in media and entertainment applications. It's widely used in game design, animation, visual effects, and motion graphics. In this beginner course, we'll start with the basics of the interface. How to manipulate objects and navigate in 3d space. We'll employ numerous techniques such as splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and free form sculpting.
To set the scene, we'll explore basic techniques of camera and layout. We'll see how to illuminate our world with photometric lights and natural daylight. No 3d rendering is complete without materials and textures. So we'll bring color to our world using the Slate material editor. From there we'll progress to building hierarchies, simple key frame animation, and finish up by rendering an animation sequence to disc. 3ds Max is a powerful, all-purpose application for digital content creation.
Let's begin learning the essentials of 3ds Max 2019.
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.