Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video 32-bit files and gamma handling in After Effects, part of Rendering for Composites inside 3ds Max.
- So we have our footage setup…and ready to work with inside of After Effects…but as we mentioned at the conclusion…of the previous exercise,…we still have some pretty important…After Effects settings to configure…before we can say that we're ready…to go ahead and begin our post production work.…To help get these setup,…let's first of all set our time line…to a frame in the sequence that highlights…a number of issues for us.…Frame 195 should do nicely.…First of all, we can see that the colors…and in fact, the overall scene…that we're looking at here is much more…contrasted than was the case in…our 3ds Max renders.…
We can also note, if we take a look…around the edges of our glasses…that we have some quite nasty haloing.…Both of which can be taken care of…by means of a few simple setting tweaks.…The very first of which is to make…certain that we are working inside…a 32-bit floating point After Effects project.…We have, after all, taken up both time…and storage space making certain…that we rendered 32-bit floating point…
- Making a pipeline decision
- Understanding how state sets work
- Using state sets for rendering passes
- Setting element parameters
- Creating a custom matte pass
- Installing Compositor Link
- Outputting rendering footage to After Effects
- Adding post-production effects in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Getting Started with CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Render Elements
2. Introduction to State Sets
3. Project - Rendering Our Elements
4. Project - Interoperability with After Effects
5. Project - Post Production in Adobe After Effects
What next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.