3ds Max 2010: Lighting and Rendering with mental ray
3ds Max 2010: Lighting and Rendering with mental ray explores one of the most powerful toolsets for photorealistic 3D image visualization: the mental ray renderer in 3ds Max. Aaron F. Ross shows how to use mental ray's combination of materials, lighting, and rendering to achieve a variety of effects, from glossy surfaces to reflections and transparency. He provides an in-depth review of photometrics and the tools used to adjust lighting in 3ds Max, including brightness, intensity, and color temperature along with a wide variety of lighting scenarios. Aaron also devotes time to getting the most out of mental ray's powerful rendering engine and improving render efficiency. Exercise files are included with this course.
- Applying mental ray materials
- Setting photometric lighting
- Rendering glossy surfaces with raytracing
- Using indirect illumination
- Simulating exterior and interior lighting scenarios
- Selecting appropriate special effects
- Hi. I'm Aaron F. Ross, and welcome to 3ds Max lighting and rendering with Mental Ray. 3D graphics have sparked a revolution in image-making. And every year these tools get faster, easier, and better. In this course, we assume that you have the basic skills in the 3ds Max. If you're a beginner, please check out one of our introductory 3ds Max courses here at Lynda.com. In this course, I'll show you how to achieve photo realistic renderings using techniques such as applying Mental Ray materials, setting photometric lighting, rendering glossy surfaces with ray tracing, using indirect illumination, and selecting appropriate special effects.
I've been teaching 3D graphics since 1999, and over the years I've learned many techniques and shortcuts that I'm happy to share with you. So let's get started with 3ds Max Lighting and Rendering with Mental Ray.
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAM18,186 Views
Designing a Poster346,906 Views
ColdFusion 8 Beyond the Basics159,928 Views
Managing Multiple Generations68,471 Views
Intermediate Dreamweaver MX241,843 Views
3ds Max 2015 Essential Training515,189 Views
3ds Max 2013 Essential Training827,524 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,632,490 Views
Revit Architecture 2015 Essential Training933,775 Views
3ds Max 2016 Essential Training438,473 Views