Up and Running with 3D Printing
There's never been a better time to try 3D printing. This course draws a roadmap for getting started with 3D printing (aka additive manufacturing), from choosing a printer to learning about 3D modeling. After surveying a variety of commercial 3D printing technologies (filament-based, laser sintering, and more), author Kacie Hultgren walks you step-by-step through a variety of 3D design tools, including 3D modeling and 3D scanning. You'll also learn how to repair designs so they're ready to print, with netfabb Studio, a 3D printing suite. This is a great course for both 3D printing novices as well as designers with existing modeling skills that want to enter the 3D printing marketplace.
- What is 3D printing?
- What can you make with a 3D printer?
- Understanding the different 3D printing technologies
- Designing with 3D modeling and scanning
- Creating watertight 3D designs
- Repairing a 3D file
- Exporting your file
- Hi, I'm Kacie Hultgren. Welcome to Up and Running with 3D Printing. In this course, we'll take a look at the exciting industry of 3D printing. I'll start by introducing you to the technology, its history, and the types of things you can make with a 3D printer. Then I'll talk about the different types of 3D printers and materials that are available. Next, we'll take a look at 3D content creation through 3D modeling and scanning, as well as studying some of the particular challenges associated with bringing a design to life through 3D printing.
Finally, I'll show you techniques for repairing 3D designs, so that they're ready to print. This course is appropriate for a wide variety of levels. Now let's get started, with Up and Running with 3D Printing.
Getting Started with MakerBot 3D Printers106,399 Views
SOLIDWORKS 2014 Essential Training815,083 Views
Inventor 2014 Essential Training232,290 Views
3D Scanning with a Camera111,252 Views
Up and Running with Autodesk Inventor408,781 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views
Deke's Techniques1,560,305 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,023,003 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training630,358 Views