In this video, learn how to fix tracking issues with "Set Rest Pose."
- From the moment you sit in front of your computer, Character Animator starts to track your face. But, if you move into a different position to record, your character might skew to one side. (hiphop music) And this is why we have the Set Rest Pose button, or, really what it does is it puts your character into default position. So you see my character right now is pretty skewed 'cause it grabbed me when I was way off to the side. So if I click here under my video of Set Rest Pose, watch what happens.
Now my character's in the perfect position. So before you start recording, make sure you click on that button to center your character. Now, you can also use this button to trick your system a little bit, 'cause obviously one of the things it does is it tracks your eyes, so, if you're looking off one side or the other, your character is likely to look that way, especially if you have the Head Turner behavior set. I like to have my scripts off to one side, so I might be looking this direction to read a script, but I don't want the character looking that direction.
So what I'll do, is if I'm looking above or below the camera, let's say I even have to look down below, I will click on the Set Rest Pose button here. Now the character's looking right out at the audience, at the viewer, while I'm reading the script. So it's a great way to trick the whole system. So if your character looks off a bit, make sure you click on that Set Rest Pose to reset the default position right before you start recording. (hiphop music)
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Character Animatorwith Ian Robinson2h 19m Intermediate
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.