Many objects used in an architectural context are repetitive but require slight variation to make them look natural. Understand how game artists use palette textures that include multiple textures in one bitmap to texture a series of fireplace logs.
- [Instructor] Now let's step away from the kitchen … for a little bit and do something for the fireplace. … Now, in our final images, you'll see that … the fireplace has some logs in it as well … as some logs over here for storage, … so let's use V-Ray to create some realistic log textures. … So we're going to be doing basically a rough wood texture. … So here I have some, basically, some different … size and shape logs, they're all about the same … size and shape, but there is some variation in the profile. … Now, these will mostly be stacked, so we're really … concerned with how the edge of these looks. … Now I already have a V-Ray material applied, … but it's really just a basic default material. … Let's first take a look at the maps … that we are going to use. … So I have these here in Photoshop. … Now I have this map for the color of the log. … Now we have a bark texture here, and then we have … a wood for the inside of that cut. … And then we also have a number of different end grains. …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.