Discover the many uses of live animation with Character Animator, such as interviewing an animated character live, live to tape recording for inexpensive animation, and live audience interaction with an animated character.
- [Instructor] So, what are the various platforms and productions where you can make use of Character Animator? (upbeat music) The realtime component of producing animation while using Character Animator, allows us to have a character perform live for audiences. It could be used to interact with audiences at live events, or with attendees at a conference or at a theme park. Your animated characters can also be guests on TV talk shows. Steven Colbert uses Character Animator when he interacts with his cartoon God and cartoon Donald Trump.
It's great, you need to see it. You can also use it for online conversations on services like Skype, that's right. You can have an animated avatar of yourself on Skype. But it's also great for the fast creation of animated content that's not intended to broadcast live. You can create animated content for online or TV distribution, or you can even have your character be an animated avatar in gaming videos or in training videos. And once you understand the strengths and limitations of Character Animator, and there are fewer limitations all the time, you can make incredible animations at a fraction of the time and cost of any other type of animation.
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.