To get the most of this course, you should understand the basics of drawing and layers in Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- So, what do you need to know for this course? (upbeat music) Well you need to know the basics of how to use Character Animator. There is another course on LinkedIn Learning which covers all the aspects of how to use this software, but you're likely to learn most of what you need to know in this course, as well. Of course you're going to need to know about Photoshop. In particular, how to pull mats from pictures or drawings and really how to work your layers and how to label and organize your layers.
You'll also need to know how to delete backgrounds from your photos. That way, you can create all the proper elements that you need for your puppets. Now if you prefer to draw in Illustrator, you should know how to use Illustrator, however all the samples in this course will be shown in Photoshop. But the layers and everything work exactly the same. I'm also going to touch on different elements needed in the various types of animation, including 2D animation, photography, sculpting, and 3D asset creation.
I'll touch on what to do for many of these types of productions, but I won't go into all the details of working in each field of animation, as that would quickly become numerous other courses. Now as we work our way through the various steps of animation production using Character Animator, I'll show you the pertinent things that you need to know for a successful production. (upbeat music)
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Character Animatorwith Ian Robinson2h 19m Intermediate
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.