Discover how to animate four-legged animals as they walk, trot, and run. Learn 2D animation techniques for making these motions look realistic or cartoony.
- [Narrator] Welcome to 2D Animation Animal Walk Cycles. In this movie I'll show you how to animate four legged creatures as they walk, trot, and run. We'll see the basic anatomy of an animal and how it compares to a human. I'll show you how to create the leg positions for the front and the back and how to offset them so that you can create a realistic walk. I'll also show you how to use a very simple box armature to create fun cartoony run cycles.
- Reviewing the basic walk poses
- Reviewing Muybridge's photos and the videos derived from them
- Understanding the basics of a quadruped walk
- Offsetting the legs to create a convincing gallop
- Animating a horse walking and trotting
- Adding personality or individual quirks to a run