In this video, learn to create keyboard triggers to control your puppet's actions.
- Certain character movements are triggered…with keyboard shortcuts, which can be hard to remember.…But, you can use visual controls too.…(upbeat music)…So, when I initially set up a keyboard trigger…for this arm to move out,…I used the key R,…for Reach.…So it would reach out and then I can have it go…around and grab this bottle and then put it back down…and R to return it back again.…Now, if I don´t remember that, there is…a much easier way, using visual controls.…
So let´s see what Character Animator…has set up for us.…So the first time you click on the Control Tab,…and you´ve got two options, Perform or Layout.…You´ll notice that there´s no imagery, and there…is a link that says Generate Controls for whatever…character you have selected.…I´m going to click on that.…And it adds 9 triggers automatically.…So, here´s the R that I was using the keyboard for before,…now, if I click on it,…every time I click, the arm moves.…That´s great.…Now, one of these is empty, T.…
This is for Touch, I´ve got a hand that reaches…out and touches the face.…
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Character Animatorwith Ian Robinson2h 19m Intermediate
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.