The Substance Library is a great resource for a wide variety of materials. George shows how to access this library directly from within 3ds Max using the 3ds Max Asset Library extension.
- [Instructor] Another way to access Substance materials … is through 3ds Max's Asset Library. … Now, if you don't have this installed, … you can get it through the Autodesk App Store. … So, if you go to apps.autodesk.com … and do a search for 3ds Max Asset Library, … you should get a page that looks something like this. … So go ahead and download and install it … if you haven't already. … Now when you install it, it comes up … as a separate program. … So here I have it on my desktop. … So if you load this up, you'll see we have … all sorts of content available. … We have CGTrader, and because we installed … the Substance plugin, we also have Substance Source. … And so this allows me to find whatever type … of material I want. … So for example, if I have Camouflage Military … or Ceramic Tiles, and so on. … So all of these are available. … Now, a lot of these are actually purchasable, … and so if you have Autodesk credits, … each one of these typically costs one credit. … Now, this is a great way to get really rich …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.