V-Ray can use several different material types, including the 3ds Max Physical Material. Understand how this particular material fits into a V-Ray pipeline and explore the use of the Physical Material presets to quickly create common materials such as metal and stone.
- [Instructor] Another way to create materials for V-Ray … is to use 3ds Max's own physical materials. … Now, these have some advantages in that, … the physical material can be used … for other types of renderers, … but it also has some very nice presets that you can use. … So let's start of with something simple. … Let's start off with the faucet for the sink. … I'm going to go into my Compact Material Editor, … and let's start with an IPR. … So I'm going to fire up an IPR here, … and, you can see, I have the faucet here rendered. … Now, for this, we actually want a metallic material. … Now I can create something from scratch using V-Ray, … but in this case, I'm going to select an empty slot here, … and let's go into a physical material. … Let's go ahead and change that over … from a standard to physical. … And then, if we scroll through our physical materials, … you see we have a lot of controls here, … and some of which are very similar to V-Ray, … but also, up here, we have some very nice presets. …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max: Tips, Tricks and Techniqueswith Aaron F. Ross14h 16m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.