When working with patterns in Substance Designer, eliminating tiling artifacts can add another of realism to the materials. Understand how to use the Substance Designer tiling features to create a regular pattern that repeats without artifacts.
- [Instructor] With our pattern in place, … we now need to tile it so that we get something … that looks a little bit more like a larger piece of cloth. … Now we could do that with the Make It Tile node. … So if we go into our search we can type … make and you can see here we have Make It Tile Patch … and Make It Tile Patch Grayscale. … So we want it to be a grayscale … because everything right now is grayscale here. … And so if I bring this in … and connect the output of this blend … to the input of this Make It Tile … you'll see that we already have something … that's pretty close. … So I'm going to go ahead … and move this network over a little bit here. … Now, in the Make It Tile Patch, … if we click on that and scroll down in our properties, … you'll see we have a number of options here. … One is Mask Size, … so again this Mask Size will determine … how much of the tile shows through. … So I typically leave it at one. … Mask Precision, how much of the edge is softened. … And so at one it's an exact, very precise tile. …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max: Tips, Tricks and Techniqueswith Aaron F. Ross14h 9m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.