When creating interiors, you will need to populate your projects with furniture and accessories. Finding these assets can be a challenge. Take a look at different ways to find and download high-quality 3D assets for your projects.
- When you work with architectural interiors, … there's many times when you'll need to furnish … and accessorize your interiors. … Now, getting the furniture and accessories can be … a bit of a challenge. … You don't really want to model all of it, … so you do need to look to third party libraries … to get the resources that you need. … So with that in mind, … let's take a look at some places on the internet … where we can find furniture and accessories. … The first stop may just be something like Google. … You can certainly type in your search into Google, … and hopefully find some 3D models. … If you want a more focused search, … it's a good idea to bookmark some common 3D libraries, … and set up some accounts. … Now, one of these, is Turbosquid. … And it's one of the oldest libraries … and they have a lot of resources. … In fact, if I scroll down here to 3D models, … you can see that if we go into furnishings, … we have a lot of different types … of furniture and accessories. … A lot of these come in collections, which are great, …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max: Tips, Tricks and Techniqueswith Aaron F. Ross14h 9m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.