In this video, learn that your characters don't have to snap back to a default pose. They can hold their position or animate back to the default pose.
- You've create a great puppet with dragable handles.…But when you let go of the handle,…the limb just snaps right back.…Not there's a quick and easy way to smooth out that motion,…or even stop it from returning at all.…(upbeat music)…So I've got this hand that I set up so I can rub my face…or try to brush my hair out of my face on this.…But whenever I let go, it just snaps back.…And that's not great for animation,…and I don't want to have to, when I do something,…move it all the way back…and try to get in the right position.…
Well, luckily Character Animator thought about that,…and there's a couple things we can do.…So, if we come over here to the right hand side,…I'll open up Dragger.…The default is Return to Rest,…which is why it snaps back to the beginning motion.…Now, I can slow that down.…I can take the return duration,…let's make it point three seconds.…Click enter.…Alright, so now I'll take my hand.…Ooh, there we go.…Now, I might be taking it all the way up here,…and that's still kind of fast…so let's make that a little bit bigger.…
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Character Animatorwith Ian Robinson2h 19m Intermediate
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.