If you want your character's head to pause during a live recording, like when you have to sneeze, check this out.
- There may be times when when you want to pause your character during a live production. And character animator has you covered. (upbeat music) Just remember, the semicolon is your friend. So let's say you're in the middle of a live recording or a live event, and you need to maybe sneeze, or you got to pinch your eyes shut, or there's a bee flying around your face. Well, the last thing you want to be doing is...
Head shaking back and forth. Alright? That wouldn't look very good. So, if you need to do something that you don't want your character to do, just hold down the semicolon. So here we go. I'll hold it down, and you see I shake my head back and forth. Now the lip sync is still going, but you don't see the motion. You're not seeing my eyes blinking, kay? So, one thing to remember however, is yes, the motion of the head has paused, but the head turner still works.
So you can of to one side, as long as you keep your face really straight to the camera, but as soon as it turns, if you have a head turner on your character. Now, if your character only has one view, you don't have to worry about that at all. But it's very simple. If you need to pause your head from moving around, just hit the semicolon like I just did, and it freezes the head in it's spot. There's any number of reasons you might need to do it, but it's very simple. So, the big trick is, just make sure you know where the semicolon key is for when you need it.
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Character Animatorwith Ian Robinson2h 19m Intermediate
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.