The Allegorithmic Substance suite of tools is becoming an industry-standard way to quickly create highly realistic materials. George shows how to install and set up the tools to connect specifically to 3ds Max.
- [Instructor] For some of the materials in this course, … we are going to be using Allegorithmic's Substance. … Now, this includes Substance Designer, Painter, … as well as some other programs … that help you create physically accurate materials. … Now, Substance does have a plugin for 3ds Max. … So if you want to use Substance materials with Max, … it's a great idea to download this. … Now, all you have to do … is go to the allegorithmic.com website … and click on the Download link. … And you should be able to Substance for 3ds Max. … Now, this supports 3ds Max 2018 … as well as 2019. … So if you want to download and install that, go ahead. … And once you've installed it, … you should get a Substance menu option here in 3ds Max. … Now, my menus are a little compressed, … so I have this pull-down menu. … But you should find a Substance menu with these entries. … Now, in addition to this, … if you do have Substance installed, … you should be able to find a library of materials … in Substance Painter. …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.