Substance Designer is a great way to create highly realistic and customizable materials. Understand how to create a simple material in the Substance Designer graph editor that can be used to author more complex materials .
- [Narrator] Now let's do another substance, … and in this case we're going to use Substance … to create bitmaps that will generate a V-Ray material. … Now for this one we're going to be creating … a carpet underneath this table. … Now if I were to do a quick render of this, … you'll see that it's basically just a box … and on that we're going to create a material … that looks a little bit like a shag … or a fluffy kind of carpet. … So, I'm going to hop over to Substance. … So let's go ahead and just set up our basic material. … So I'm going to go New Substance … and I'm going to do Metallic Roughness. … Go ahead and click OK. … Brings up the graph, if we want, we can name that graph. … Let's call it LR_Carpet for living room carpet. … So in there we have a number of notes we can use … and one of these, metallic, … we're not really going to use, … so I'm just going to go ahead and delete that one. … That way we don't have to worry about it. … And now that we have our material set up, …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.