Substance Designer is a great way to create highly realistic and customizable materials. Learn how to create a simple material in the Substance Designer Graph Editor that can be used to author more complex materials .
- [Instructor] Now, let's dive a little bit deeper … into Substance and create our own material. … So, we're going to start with this chair. … Now, I've already put a material on the legs … and so we're going to focus on the cloth portion of the chair. … We're going to make a cloth material in Substance … that will cover this chair. … Now, before we get started, … let's make sure that our chair is properly UV mapped. … Now, I've already done this … and so if we hop over to our Modify panel, … you'll see I have an Unwrap UVW modifier on this. … And if we scroll down, we can open the UV Editor … and you could see that we have some reasonable mapping here. … Now, there's a couple things you need to take into account … when you UV map something like a chair, particularly … when you're going to be using something like cloth. … First, you want to make sure that everything … is to the same scale. … And then, you also need to make sure … that the mapping is aligned with the direction of the cloth. …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max: Tips, Tricks and Techniqueswith Aaron F. Ross14h 9m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.