In this video, learn how live audio recording along with tracking head movements provides the best animation.
- Most natural movements happen as someone speaks. So try to have your voice artist record live in Character Animator. (upbeat dance music) Some movements anticipate what is about to be said. Like when someone's about to give someone else bad news, they might lower their head and shake it, you know, before they speak. See those movements happen naturally when you record live in Character Animator. Another quick tip, your voice actor can also act stronger if someone else deals with the triggers and all the recording details.
See, the more you have to think about when you act, the less someone tends to move, and you want to have movement in your animation. And exaggerated movements are often best to showcase animation, but they're not always best for a particular scene. It's the subtle movements we don't think about that bring a character to life. You create more of these movements when you record the head movements with your voice. I mean even just these little bobs. You know, when my head bobs when I'm talking, it really seems to fit with what I'm saying.
Now, in the next video, we'll talk about a trick on how to match new movement to your existing audio. So while you can record actions to match recorded voice, try to capture both together live whenever you can. (upbeat dance music)
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Character Animatorwith Ian Robinson2h 19m Intermediate
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.