Anyone who creates 3D materials will need to see the results of their work quickly and accurately. Learn how to set up and create a common render environment that you can use to evaluate your architectural materials quickly and easily in 3ds Max and V-Ray.
- [Instructor] When you develop materials, … there are many times when you want to do test renders … to see how they look. … When you're developing materials for interiors, … you'll usually be working on one piece of furniture … or one accessory at a time and typically, … I like to have a standard lighting setup … that I use to do my test renders … and it just makes it a lot easier … and more efficient. … Here I have a simple dining room set … and if I were to do a test render right now, … you'll see that it's kind of bland. … There's not really any light in the scene … so let's go ahead and add a couple of lights … and use that as our test setup. … The first thing I like to do in a lighting setup … is to have one directional light … that gives me a little bit of shadow … plus some highlights and because we're using V-Ray, … I'm going to create some V-Ray lights. … I'm going to hop out to my orthographic view port here … and I'm going to do over to my create panel, … lights, and let's choose V-Ray. …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.