In this video, learn that you are not limited to single actions. You can create actions that build off other actions.
- You're never limited in the actions…you can perform in character animator.…I often build one action which then…allows me to build it into another action.…(hiphop music)…One simple multi-part action has one action…just covers over another.…So let's take a look at Bob here.…So Bob has a zit problem.…Has an acne problem.…So when I click the Z,…we see this big zit pop up.…Now, I actually want that to animate up.…
And I have all the animation pieces…but they pop up all at once,…so let's just quickly step through this.…We go to the rig panel, and I have zit grow.…It's seven different bits.…I'll open it up so you can see them.…But it's not running as a cycle yet.…So I'm going to go through and I'm…going to add a behavior.…Once this is selected, I'll add cycle layers.…We want to go from top to bottom,…so it starts at zit one goes through zit seven.…And instead of one, let's do,…I want it to grow slower.…Every two frames.…
I want it to cycle once.…I want to go forward and reverse…so I can have it disappear as well.…I also want it to hold on the last layer…
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Character Animatorwith Ian Robinson2h 19m Intermediate
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.