For those times when 3D models are not available, you may need to model your own 3D assets. Get a brief overview of the processes and techniques needed to create models for 3D architectural renderings.
- Now, if cannot find the model that you want, … you may need to model it yourself. … Now sometimes it's just easier to model something … because it's simple. … For example, this little coffee table here … is really a very simple model, … it's just a couple of pieces that are thrown together. … Same goes for something like this couch. … Again, it's very simple shapes. … And sometimes, it's fairly easy … to model something like this, … without having to go through all the problem … of trying to search a library to find it. … Now, when you model, you can model in 3ds Max, … or whatever program feels comfortable to you. … Now just keep in mind that you do want to keep … your level of detail to an appropriate level. … Now, if you're going into a game engine … or something like that, you'll want to model … on a lower polygon scale. … But you also want to have enough detail … so that you can render something realistically … if you have to. … Now as you start to collect models, … either from the internet, …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.