In this video, see various ways you can edit your puppet as you work.
- It's easy to make changes to a puppet in the rig window.…But if you don't make some changes in your master file,…you'll have to fix some issues over and over…as you add new elements and edit your master puppet file…in neither Photoshop or Illustrator.…(upbeat music)…So, let's say that you've got an arm…that you want to manipulate with a dragger or a dangle.…Well, let's take a look at that.…So, I want to take the characters left arm here,…and I want to add a dragger to it so I can move it around.…
So, if I look over here, and I see 'left arm'.…I want to put a dragger, so I'll select my dragger tool.…But look, it won't let me add a dragger in there.…Why?…Because my left arm is only a layer; it's not a group.…Now, I can fix this right here…very simply in 'Character Animator'.…I can just go to 'Puppet', 'Group Layers',…watch what happens.…Turn that left arm into a group.…So I keep the group selected.…Click my dragger.…Go to record.…
And now the arm will move around.…Okay, that was great.…Nice and simple to be able to fix.…
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Character Animatorwith Ian Robinson2h 19m Intermediate
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.