In this video, see how to troubleshoot automated actions that don't work.
- When you first set up your puppet,…you may find a couple of things that don't work.…And it could be as simple as how you named your layers.…Luckily, it's an easy fix.…(upbeat hip hop music)…Notice how my character's left eye,…it's on the right hand side,…doesn't track or blink.…The first thing I'm going to check…are the naming and the tags.…So the way to do that, let's go to rig,…and I'm going to look down here.…This is my frontal view.…
I'm going to look at the eyes.…Right eye is named properly…but left eye, notice I had accidentally named it L eye.…In fact, every layer in it,…L blink, L pupil, L eyeball, rather than left.…Because of that, notice over in my tags, nothing is tagged.…If I click on right eye,…notice my right eye is tagged.…I can fix the naming right here.…I can just right click on it,…click rename, and type in left.…Nice and easy.…
It's still not tagged.…I'd have to go in here and tag it but,…I don't want to fix the name here.…The reason I don't want to fix it here…is because my master file,…which I can get to if I click on edit, edit original,…
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Character Animatorwith Ian Robinson2h 19m Intermediate
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.