Does your character have painful joints that bend the wrong way? It's an easy fix. Learn how in this video.
- You were so proud to have set up your arms and legs with draggers only to have your knees or elbows bend backwards. Wow, that looks painful. So how do you fix that? (upbeat dance music) Generally when you have a limb bending backwards, it's the placement of your dragger. So let's go into Rig and let's see what's going on here. So we're looking at the left leg here, and you can see we have the dragger on the top of the foot, and we have a couple sticks in here around the knee.
Well, if you think about grabbing anything on a free hinge, if you grab it on one side, it's going to bend away from that. So since we know this is bending backwards, let's just take the dragger and move it towards the heal so it's on the backside. So now when you pick it up, it should bend the knee out. And there we go. Now the knee is bending the proper way. Doesn't look quite so painful. And just so you don't think it's where I put the mouse, I'll click out here in front of the leg, and it's still going to bend properly because it's always assuming it's being moved from where the dragger is, which in this case is on the back of the foot.
So the physics of a dragger is a lot like the handle on a stick. So move the handle to the other side of whatever it is that you're moving and chances are you're going to change the direction of that bend. (upbeat dance music)
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.