In this video, get an overview of AR Remote and how it speeds up development by avoiding recompilation and deployment after every change.
- [Instructor] Continuously recompiling your application … to test, can start to affect your velocity. … AR Remote is designed to speed this process up, … while still giving you access to the editor. … Bear in mind, that AR Remote is still in alpha. … Because of this, we need to do some shenanigans … to get it to work in Unity. … What AR Remote does, is stream device video and input … straight into the editor, … so you don't have to rebuild your project. … You can see what's happening in the editor … directly from the device. … Now let's start modifying the package manager. … In Unity, go to the packages folder under the project, … right click, and go reveal in finder. … Here you'll see the manifest.json. … Open this up in your favorite code editor. … Here we can see it's a standard json file … with a bunch of entries into it. … At the end, we're going to add in … the AR Remote alpha package. … To do this, add a comma, … next line we're going to add com.unity.xr.remoting. … Now we're going to include the version information. …
- The value of mobile AR in AEC
- Setting up AR in Unity
- Configuring Unity to build for iOS
- Running your AR app on Android devices
- Working with Unity AR Remote
- Setting up your UI for an application log screen
- Aligning your assets to your AR world
- Creating the dialog UI
- Importing CAD data
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity: AR Visualization 02 Basic Interactivitywith Roger Miller2h 39m Intermediate
Unity: AR Visualization 03 Complex Interactivitywith Roger Miller2h 34m Intermediate
2. Setting Up AR in Unity
3. Publishing Your AR Experience
4. Getting Going with Unity AR Remote
5. Populating Your AR World
6. Adding Simple Interaction
7. Bonus: Importing CAD Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.