Once a Substance material is created, it needs to be saved out and imported into 3ds Max using a specific sequence of steps. George walks you through the process of getting your Substance materials into 3ds Max.
- Now that our material is done we can export … the substance as an archive, … and then load that into 3DS Max … and turn it into a V-grade material. … So let's go ahead and take a look at this one more time. … Now one of the things I'm noticing here … is that we have this one node here called metallic. … Now this is not a metallic material. … It's pretty much a flat or a neutral material. … There's no shininess to it, … so let's just go ahead and delete this. … Now when I do this it will affect how it's interpreted … in 3DS Max but it will actually be an easier process. … We don't have to deal with any metallic … in this particular substance. … So now that we have this in place let's just do … a save as and we'll just call this cloth material. … We'll give it a more descriptive name. … We've been using the exercise files name, … so let's go ahead and give this something … a little bit more descriptive. … So now that we have cloth material that SBS, … we can do right click, publish SBSAR file, …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.