Substance tools come bundled with a library of ready-to-use materials. George shows where these are located and how to connect them up to your 3ds Max projects. He then imports one of these materials, converts it to V-Ray, and uses it for some assets.
- [Instructor] Now let's take those substance materials … that we copied over … and apply some of them to the scene in V-Ray. … Now in 3ds Max, I have a couple of objects here. … We have a table with a base and a tabletop … and a little carpet on the ground. … So let's take a look at how to import a substance material. … I'm going to open up my Slate Material Editor here. … And let's position this. … Now in order to bring in a substance material, … we will need a substance node. … So I'm going to start off by creating a new view. … I'm right-clicking up here, Create New View. … And then in my Material Map browser, … I'm going to search for substance, … and two nodes should come up, Substance and Substance2. … Now we are using Substance2. … It's the most recent one, … and it has the most support for the current features. … So I'm going to drag that into the view. … And if we double-click on it, … you'll see we have basically one option, … and that's Load Substance. … So let's go ahead and use it. …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max: Tips, Tricks and Techniqueswith Aaron F. Ross14h 9m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.