In this video, learn how to use Physics.Raycast to get a handle to the touched world object.
- [Instructor] Now that we can align … our 3D object to our AR world … let's go and see if we can interact … with that 3D object. … Let's go and do this work in the ARManager. … Let's go there by going Scripts, ARManager. … Bring up you Visual Studio. … We're just going to take the work … that we did before for colliding … and we're going to put it in its own method. … So, we're going to call this method RayCastDetectAndPlace. … In this method we're going to put all … the work that we did in the last movie. … Now, we're going to make a new method … for picking the mesh. … We're going to call this RayCastPickMesh. … Mesh is a term that we use to describe a 3D model. … Now, we're going to take this RayCastPickMesh … and we're going to put it in the Update loop … so it can be fired every frame. … As before, we're going to use GetMouseButton … to know if the screen has been touched. … Now, we're going to castArray … and see if it hits the mesh, … to do this we need to store our output … like we did before but we only need a single variable, …
- The value of mobile AR in AEC
- Setting up AR in Unity
- Configuring Unity to build for iOS
- Running your AR app on Android devices
- Working with Unity AR Remote
- Setting up your UI for an application log screen
- Aligning your assets to your AR world
- Creating the dialog UI
- Importing CAD data
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity: AR Visualization 02 Basic Interactivitywith Roger Miller2h 39m Intermediate
Unity: AR Visualization 03 Complex Interactivitywith Roger Miller2h 34m Intermediate
2. Setting Up AR in Unity
3. Publishing Your AR Experience
4. Getting Going with Unity AR Remote
5. Populating Your AR World
6. Adding Simple Interaction
7. Bonus: Importing CAD Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.