In this video, troubleshoot issues of the body not moving when the head moves.
- You create a new character and only the head moves and it's not attached to the body. So what happened? (dramatic music) Most likely the problem is that the head is set to independent. That means it'll move independent of anything else including the body. It's an easy fix. So let's go into Rig and you'll see here's our main character, head and body. So organization is properly set up, except the head is set to independent. We just need to turn off independent.
Head and body should never have the crown in front of them for your character to work properly. Let's go back to record. And now the head moves and the body sways with it and they're all connected and that looks perfect. So it's an easy fix. Just make sure that neither your head nor your body are set to independent. (dramatic music)
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.