Have your character reach over and grab a prop. It's easier than you might think. See how in this video.
- With a little trickery you can have your character…grab an object and manipulate it live…as you're recording.…(upbeat music)…so I want my character to reach over…and grab this bottle like this…and then be able to put it right back down.…It's a lot easier than it looks,…so let's take a look at the layout here.…So for my Bob 2D character,…let's go over and take a look rig.…So I have a couple things going on.…
I have my reach hand, which is the hand…that comes out as it's reaching for,…and turn that one off, reaching for a bottle.…You see I've put a dragger on that hand.…That allows me, when I reach out,…to drag that arm around so I can stretch it…out to go behind that bottle.…Now that's important in this case,…and I have a bottle on a second layer,…which is up above the head.…It's not attached to the head or the body,…but it is attached to the character.…
It's within the Bob folder.…So under bottle I have bottle…and I have no bottle, which there's nothing in it.…It's just a blank frame.…So let me show you what's happening there.…
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Character Animatorwith Ian Robinson2h 19m Intermediate
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.