In this video, learn to fix the problem of not being able to record because the input and output audio rates don't match.
- You might run into an error that says, the sample rates of your audio input and output rates do not match. (upbeat music) Now, you could see this error in either a Mac or on a PC. And it could be from a setting, so let's take a quick look, so if we come down on a PC, you can find your audio on your Mac, and I'm going to go to my recording devices. I'll select whichever device I'm messing with and go to properties, and advanced.
In here it'll tell you, here, this one is set to 48K, 48,000, the same thing as 48K. I go to a different one, look for properties, advanced, this one is set to 44.1. It's actually the one I'm going to be recording with. For playback, if you go to the speakers that you're using, and you can go to properties, and advanced, 44.1.
So input is the microphone for the recording, output is your playback. Make sure those are set the same. However, the problem could be if you're using an old webcam. Now, in Apple devices, the built-in audio output is 44.1K or higher. And if you've got an old webcam, the mic might not have a high enough sample rate. So your options are, buy a new one, or use a separate mic. Generally, you're not going to run into this input output issue, if you're using a newer mic or webcam.
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Character Animatorwith Ian Robinson2h 19m Intermediate
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.