When access to your microphone disappears in the software, learn a trick to help you get it back fast.
- As you work and change equipment,…you may lose access to your microphone.…Let's find it.…(upbeat dance music)…Well, there are two places to look for the microphone…you want to use for your recording.…If you're on a PC, come down to the bottom…and where you see your speaker icon, right-click on it…and select Recording Devices.…Here you'll have the option under the Recording tab…of all your devices.…I actually am using my USB preamp 2.…
If you're still not getting your microphone,…simply, in Character Animator, go to Edit dropdown…and go to Preferences.…Under Audio Hardware, you're going to look for the Input.…That's your microphones,…and here we see I've got my USB preamp 2.…I'll select OK.…Now, there might be a time…where your mic is selected…and you still don't hear it.…You get not response here from your audio meter.…You can click your microphone on and off here,…and if you're not getting a response…from the one you want,…so fix that, simply go to Edit in Preferences…and select a different mic.…
Click OK.…And then go back…
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Character Animatorwith Ian Robinson2h 19m Intermediate
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.