In this video, learn tips to make your character eyes focus properly.
- Character Animator normally does…a great job tracking your eyes…and if your eyes don't seem to be moving the right way,…they're a couple of easy things you can do to try to fix it.…(upbeat jazz music)…The first thing to try is adding light.…In order to track your pupils,…Character Animator actually needs to see them.…So if you're in a dimly lit area,…or if the lighting is overhead…and it's casting your eyes into shadows,…like what's happening to me right now.…You can hide your pupils.…
Believe it or not, you can do an amazing job,…even in terrible lighting like this.…Because you can see the area around my eyes…is really dark so it's going to be very hard…for it to pick up pupils.…So, let's turn off the overhead light.…My camera's going to level it a bit.…Next thing I'm going to do is,…I'm going to turn on a light,…that's just above eye level.…That's illuminating my face,…going underneath my ridge,…my eye ridge and it illuminates my pupils.…So now, as I look around,…Character Animator can actually see my pupils,…
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Character Animatorwith Ian Robinson2h 19m Intermediate
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.