When Substance Materials are exported, it is often a good idea to add user-accessible controls to manipulate specific characteristics of the material. George shows how to create user controls for key parameters in your materials.
- [Instructor] We now have a material … that looks pretty much like cloth. … Now before we actually export this into 3ds Max, … let's go ahead and expose some parameters … so that the end user can adjust things like color … and the thread density. … So let's go ahead and start off with color. … Now if you recall, all color in this material starts … with this one node here and it's a uniform color node. … And if we were to change that color, … we can change the color of our material. … So let's go ahead and expose this parameter … to give the user control over color. … So we can do that by clicking on this little icon here … and setting it to Expose. … When we do, we can use the default name … or we can give it a new name. … Let's give this something a little bit more descriptive. … Let's just call this Color. … (mouse clicks) … And then we click Ok and Ok again … and now notice how all of these values have gone away … and that's because the color will now be controlled … externally by a slider in the interface. …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.