Creating a realistic carpet means creating the pattern of the fibers that comprise the carpet. This pattern needs to reflect the randomness of the fibers and be natural. Understand how to use the fluid node along with some tiling tools to create underlying pattern in Substance Designer.
- [Instructor] I now have my carpet material authored … and I can export this, either as a Substance Archive, … but in our case, we're going to export it as bitmaps, … and show you a different workflow. … Now before I export, … I'm actually going to neutralize the color of this, … and there's this color node up at the top, … and I'm just going to turn the saturation way down, … and we're basically just going to make it … a white or a gray carpet, … and that'll allow us to colorize it … to whatever color we want within V-Ray or 3ds Max. … So, now that we have this in place, … lets go ahead and go over to our Explorer, … click on Living Room Carpet, Right-click, … and select Export Outputs as Bitmaps. … That's going to ask us where do we want to export these. … Now, by default, it's going to be the same directory … where the SBS file lives. … We're going to ask for what type of file. … Let's go ahead and use PNG, that works. … And then the pattern is basically, what's the naming scheme, …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max: Tips, Tricks and Techniqueswith Aaron F. Ross14h 9m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.