In this video, see how Dynamic Link allows you to make changes to your Character Animator file which automatically updates your linked After Effects or Premiere Pro files.
- The best way to work with a Character Animator…project file in either After Effects or Premiere Pro…is to dynamically link from Character Animator…to After Effects or Premiere Pro.…(uptempo music)…In the process of dynamically linking your project…from Character Animator to either After Effects,…Premiere Pro is virtually the same.…So, let's take a look at the process using After Effects.…So in this project of Character Animator,…I've got two scenes.…
I've got this one here, Changes,…that we'll cover in another video,…and I have this one, Export.…Okay, both live.…Everything is automatically saved…and I want to bring these into After Effects.…And, the great thing about dynamically linking…means that any changes I make into Character Animator…automatically apply to the projects and scenes…in my other programs.…So, let's minimize this partially.…
I still want to be able to see it.…So here in the background,…you can see I've got After Effects.…So, the easiest way to dynamically link is I'm going to grab,…let's grab the Changes scene.…
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Character Animatorwith Ian Robinson2h 19m Intermediate
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.