Creating cloth materials in Substance Designer requires a pattern for the weave of the fabric. Learn how to weave horizontal and vertical fibers in Substance using a combination of fiber and masking nodes. This pattern will be the basis of the rest of the material.
- [Teacher] Now let's start defining our cloth network. … When we do something like cloth, … we probably will want to start … with the actual pattern of the weave of the cloth. … Now, different types of cloth have different weaves, … we're just going to do a simple, horizontal, … and vertical pattern for our cloth. … and vertical pattern for our cloth. … So the first thing we need to do … is just create some basic components here. … Now I'm going to search in the library … for a node called fiber, or actually fibers, … for a node called fiber, or actually fibers, … in fact, expand this here, you can see … that we have a number of these, … and the one that I'm looking for is just fibers one. … So left-click, and drag that into your graph, … and we can see it down here in our two D view. … Now if I double-click on this, … you'll see our properties, … and if I scroll down, … the one I'm looking for is called tiling, … and as you can see, we can dial up … and as you can see, we can dial up …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.