Creating rough surfaces for your architectural projects can be a challenge. Take a look at how to create rough wood using bump and displacement mapping in V-Ray. Understand common pitfalls in the process and some simple tricks to overcome them.
- [Instructor] Now that we have the textures … mapped to our logs we can start to create the material. … Now I'm going to open up my render settings window. … And let's go ahead and start an IPR … so we can start to see the results of this. … And you can see that even with the default values, … this actually looks pretty good, … so a good texture can go a very long way … towards creating a great-looking material. … But we can go even further. … So let's go into our material. … And the first thing I want to do … is just dial up the roughness. … This is a very rough material … so I really don't need to have that roughness. … We also want to turn the glossiness all the way down. … Now the main thing with this particular material … is the bumpiness and the roughness of the grain. … And so, actually I'm going to close this for a second. … And let's scroll down here until we get to Bump Map. … So I'm going to place a bitmap into that bump channel. … And the bitmap we're going to use … is the one we looked at before which is …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.