Not all motions need to be smooth. In this video, learn how you can have your character pop from one pose to another for a different animated style.
- Character Animator captures your movements perfectly as you constantly move around, but what if you prefer the classic animation style of pose-to-pose? Well, Character Animator can help you there too. (upbeat dance music) If you don't want your character moving and floating around, well, you can adjust the Pose-to-Pose movement settings. It's really easy. Let's go over here to Face, and you'll look under Camera Input, and you'll see Pose-to-Pose Movement. Well, right now, the default is zero.
Let's bring that up to, let's say 79. So watch when I move my head, it's not following me. It'll get there eventually, and it kind of pops from one pose to another pose and however the body goes with it, it does. Let's move up Smoothing. That adjusts how quickly it moves from one position to the next. Notice how much softer that is on the movement from side to side? So any movement that I do, it'll adjust back and forth into it.
Now, how long it stays there, that's what Minimum Duration is. So let's take that down to half a second, rather than one second. And it follows in just half a second, rather than a full second. So you're going to want to just play around with the settings until you're happy. So Pose-to-Pose allows you to capture animation that has more of a classic feel of moving from one position to another without all the extraneous movements of real life. (upbeat dance music)
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.