Good-looking metallic surfaces can make an architectural render stand out. Dive deeper into the V-Ray material interface by creating a realistic metal surface. Learn how 3ds Max falloff maps can add life to the surface and make color and reflections more realistic.
- [Instructor] Let's dive a little bit deeper … into V-Ray materials and create some metallic surfaces. … We're going to use this refrigerator … and we're going to create both chrome … and brushed stainless steel. … Now, lets start off by just rendering what we have. … So, I'm actually going to start up an IPR. … So, I'm going to go into my render set-up window, … go into V-Ray, and click Start IPR. … And here's our refrigerator. … Now this particular refrigerator is set up … for multi/sub-object materials, so the back … of the refrigerator is material three, the handles are two, … and the actual front panels are one. … So, lets create a multi/sub-object material. … We're going to go into my compact material editor … and this particular material is the one that's … applied to the refrigerator, it's just the default material. … So, lets change this to a multi/sub-object material. … Click Okay. … And I'm going to keep the old material as a sub material. … Now notice how two of these go black …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max: Tips, Tricks and Techniqueswith Aaron F. Ross14h 4m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.