V-Ray is one of the most popular rendering engines for creating architectural images in 3ds Max. Explore the standard V-Ray materials to create simple matte and glossy materials used the kitchen of the residential house.
- [Instructor] Let's get started by creating … some very basic V-Ray materials. … Now we're going to be working with the kitchen … and specifically the kitchen cabinets. … Now the uppers of the cabinets are kind of a gloss white, … the lower are kind of a matte gray, … and then we also have granite countertops. … So we're going to be working with a lot of these … as well as the appliances to get some materials. … Now I've separated out the kitchen counters, … and I added some lights, including a background … so that we have some reflectivity. … Now the background is simply an image that's been attached … to the dome light that is lighting the scene. … So let's get started with the upper cabinets. … I'm going to open my material editor here, … and you can see I have mostly blank slots here, … and let's go ahead and select one of the empty slots, … and turn it into a V-Ray material. … So I'm going to go into my material map browser, … scroll down to V-Ray, find V-Ray material, … and then we're going to attach this to the upper cabinets. …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max: Tips, Tricks and Techniqueswith Aaron F. Ross14h 9m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.