Materials created in Substance Designer can be exported to bitmaps that can be used an any number of render and game engines. Understand this process by exporting the bitmaps to define the carpet material and then import those in 3ds Max for use with V-Ray.
- [Instructor] Now let's take our bitmaps … from Substance Designer and use them … to create a V-Ray material in 3ds Max. … Now for this I'm going to use … the compact material editor. … Now the main reason I'm doing this … is because I'm working on a condensed screen, … so I don't have a lot of screen space. … So I'm going to go ahead and select an empty material slot … and let's change that to a V-Ray material. … And we can give this material a name … I'm just going to call this living room carpet. … And let's go ahead and select … our living room rug … and assign the material. … Now once we have this, we can start bringing in the bitmaps. … So we're going to start with the color channel, … or the diffuse channel. … And let's go ahead and click on this little tab right there. … Go into Bitmap. … And the bitmap we're going to choose … is living room carpet base color. … So this is the color of the carpet. … Go ahead and click open. … And then if we go back to parent here, … we can turn on Show Shaded Material in Viewport. …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.