In this video, learn to troubleshoot distortions when your character moves.
- So as you drag the arms or legs of one of your characters, one seems to work fine, but the other really warps your character. Well what the heck is goin' on here? (upbeat music) Well most problems with body warping has to do with the improper use of independence, so let's go into rig and take a look and see what we have goin' on here. Open up body so we can take a look. So we see that the right arm, which seemed to be working fine, is set to independent, but the left arm is not.
So any time you want something that's draggable, it does need to be independent. And what we've made sure is here that our rotation point is set properly in the overlapping between the yellow and the green. So that's why it rotates at the arm. The left arm rotation point is set fine, but notice there's no green overlay because it's not set as independent. Click the crown over here next to the left arm, and now it becomes independent, and now here's our rotation point, draggable should work fine, let's check it out.
Click on record. So this arm was working fine before. What about this one? Hey, look at that! It's fixed. All it took was making it independent. So your proper file structure and the use of independence is necessary for your character to perform without warping. Yay. (upbeat music)
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.