AR is wonderful but can be demanding on hardware. Find out some key tips and tools to increase your AR applications performance.
- [Instructor] AR primarily uses the camera, … and the camera is really heavy on resources. … Optimization is the key to maximizing battery life … and user engagement. … One pro tip is to avoid using … transparent textures and geometry. … Transparent geometry requires an extra step … in order to order itself within the scene. … AR also only needs to run at 30 frames per second. … There is no need to spend time optimizing for 60 … and making sacrifices. … The next thing you want to do, … is keep a close eye on your near and far planes … on your camera. … Keep it as small as you need it to be. … To dig a little deeper into your application's performance, … use the Unity profiler. … To get to the Unity profiler, … go to Window, Analysis, Profiler. … As you can see, the Unity Profiler … provides you with a lot of information on what's going on. … You can get live information directly from your device. … You can get CPU information, rendering information, … memory information, audio, and a lot more. …
- The value of mobile AR in AEC
- Setting up AR in Unity
- Configuring Unity to build for iOS
- Running your AR app on Android devices
- Working with Unity AR Remote
- Setting up your UI for an application log screen
- Aligning your assets to your AR world
- Creating the dialog UI
- Importing CAD data
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity: AR Visualization 02 Basic Interactivitywith Roger Miller2h 39m Intermediate
Unity: AR Visualization 03 Complex Interactivitywith Roger Miller2h 34m Intermediate
2. Setting Up AR in Unity
3. Publishing Your AR Experience
4. Getting Going with Unity AR Remote
5. Populating Your AR World
6. Adding Simple Interaction
7. Bonus: Importing CAD Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.