Although AR sees the same world you do, it does not understand it the same way. In this video, create a simple method of aligning your asset to the floor.
- Now that we have a solid strategy … for aligning our object to the AR world, … let's go and implement it in the AR Manager Script. … Double-click on the AR Manager Script. … In our AR Manager Script, … we're going to be checking for input. … We're going to do this every frame … so, we're going to be using the update Unity message. … This update method gets called every frame. … So, we're going to be using the … input.GetMassButtonDown. … Remember, the GetMassButtonDown will also detect touches. … Excellent. … Now that we can detect our touches, … we have have to do a Raycast … but before we can do a Raycast, … we need to be able to store the … results of that Raycast somewhere. … of RaycastHits. … For AR ray costing, there is a special object … And we're going to call this RaycastHits. … Now that we have this list set up, … we can go and check for the RaycastHit. … Here in the update, after we know that … the user has touched the screen, … or the touch position from the screen. … We're also going to take this package extension …
- The value of mobile AR in AEC
- Setting up AR in Unity
- Configuring Unity to build for iOS
- Running your AR app on Android devices
- Working with Unity AR Remote
- Setting up your UI for an application log screen
- Aligning your assets to your AR world
- Creating the dialog UI
- Importing CAD data
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity: AR Visualization 02 Basic Interactivitywith Roger Miller2h 39m Intermediate
Unity: AR Visualization 03 Complex Interactivitywith Roger Miller2h 34m Intermediate
2. Setting Up AR in Unity
3. Publishing Your AR Experience
4. Getting Going with Unity AR Remote
5. Populating Your AR World
6. Adding Simple Interaction
7. Bonus: Importing CAD Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.